Monday, July 5, 2010

Day Four: To your sibling

Dear Renzo, (Or should I say, Gaby?)

Hello my dearest brother. I always tell you this. You are my favorite brother, to which you would always reply, "I'm your only brother". Honestly, I wouldn't have it any way. Since we' don't have any other siblings, we only have each other, and I guess this is what makes us closer to each other. I like having a little brother who doesn't mind me kissing him on the cheek or hugging him tight even if he's a teenager already. So I'm glad I have you. I know that you don't like other people knowing that you're actually a sweetheart at home because of your cool macho image in school (Or I'd like to assume your cool macho image at school). But as far as I recall, being a loving brother to your sister (or a loving son to your parents) was never unmanly.In fact, mama and I keep reminding you that ladies look at how men treat their own mothers and sisters, because it is from there where she could see how he treats a woman, and ultimately, how he would treat a wife.

You're growing up too fast and that's something I have to be in terms with. You're no longer that little boy who I would dress up in a balloon cape and mixing bowl hat with a baseball bat weapon. You're a big boy now, who probably has a secret girlfriend. But that's okay. As long as we know you come home to our house at night, and that you don't get into trouble.

No matter how much mama and I compare myself to you, given that I'm more outspoken and you're reserved, and how I embrace the demands of the academe while you slave over video games, always remember that we are proud of you. Mama Papa and I are proud of you for growing up to become the mature and sensible man we've always dreamed you to be. We love you :)


With Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment