Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day One : To your best friend

Dear best friend,

I will quote from one of my favorite songs by Keane in saying "I'm getting old and I need something to rely on". In a world that is full of pretentiousness I'm lucky to have found something real in my first 20 years. This is the friendship that I have formed with you. I consider myself even luckier to have found two real people, with whom I share real friendship with. I am blessed to have found two best friends who I know care deeply for me, and I care deeply of. To Henry and Rhowenna, you guys have always been there for me, even at the times I have failed to be there for you. You guys believed in me when I forgot to believe in myself. You guys caught me when I fell into a really bad situation. And for that I am eternally grateful.

In my five years in college, you were my guidance. You guys gave me the strength to move on despite the difficulties that I faced. Thank you for letting me call you just to cry. For staying on the line for more than 5 minutes just to listen to my sobs. I really appreciated that. And perhaps those are my greatest memories of you. When both of you, in separate occasions, just let me cry. There was no judging. just a virtual shoulder for me to cry on.

It was that silence that made me realize that you cared. And despite that silence, I knew I was not alone. Thank you. It's funny that someone as loud as I am can have two best friends who are very quiet and at times recluse. My life seemed to be an open book and both of you were able to accept how different I was from you.

Perhaps the best thing is that no matter the distance, no matter how many days, weeks, or months lasted without even hearing a word from each other, the closeness never changed.

I love you guys forever. Thank you.

With (lots and lots of) love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment